The Barton Community College women's basketball team bounced back from a disappointing road performance three days prior to dominate most of Saturday night's action at the Barton Gym for a 106-68 victory over Neosho County Community College. Leading by twenty-two at the halftime break after scoring fifty-one points, the Lady Cougars tacked on fifty-five in second half action to score a season high point total. Barton improves a fifth place 8-5 record in the Jayhawk and 12-6 on the season in dropping Neosho County to 3-10 and 6-11 on the year. The Lady Cougars will look to snap a five game skid on the road this Wednesday in traveling to Colby Community College (2-11, 4-13) for a 6:00 p.m. tip at the Community Building.
Fatou Seck Ndao paced all scorers with a career high night, leading five Lady Cougars in double-digits with twenty-four points and fifteen rebounds for the freshman from Senegal's second career double-double effort. Micaela Jellison and Jaylin Stapleton each scored fourteen points, combining for a perfect ten charity tosses, while Juliana Chagas and Mallory Miller each scored thirteen points and Taylor Regan dumping in ten. Chagas matched her career high with eight assists to go along with a new personal best four steals.
Alexis Boyd's thirteen and Beth Hawkins' eleven led the Panthers' thirteen point bench advantage while Calea Augustin finished with ten. Alexis Casher hauled down a team high seven rebounds with Shariah Smith's five assists also led the squad.
Other Game Notes:
- Barton has never lost to Neosho County, increasing the all-time series to 21-0 and 12-0 at the Barton Gym
- Barton sank a season high 87.9% from the charity stripe in a second most made and attempts (29-of-33) as the Region's top ranked free throw shooting team moved up to 7th in the nation at 73.9%
- The Lady Cougars also recorded season second best efforts in rebounds (53) and assists (22)
- Barton secured forty defensive rebounds which moved the Lady Cougars atop the region averaging 31.3 per game, ranking them 8th in the nation
- Barton rejected five shots in the game to stay tied atop the region leaders with Hutchinson at 4.5 per game and good for 25th in the nation
- Neosho County posted a season best effort against Barton with 78 field goal attempts but shot just a second worst 29.5% and committed a the most fouls against the Lady Cougars with 27
- Fatou Seck Ndao's fifteen rebounds was the fifth time this season the freshman has eclipsed the ten rebound mark
- Juliana Chagas reached double digits for the fifth straight game, including making one or more three-pointers in seven straight games (12-of-15 80%)
- Mallory Miller upped her conference leading three-point percentage to 43.5% after burying two of her four attempts